Date and Time to be determined
Have you ever wondered about how to make elderberry syrup? Maybe you thought it was difficult and you just don’t have the skills necessary to do it? Maybe you just don’t know where to start. Well, now you can learn hands on how easy it really is. Making elderberry syrup is fun, easy and it doesn’t smell bad! Well, at least I don’t think so. Come along and let’s learn this forgotten skill together.
Each participant will learn how to identify the elderberry plant needed for the recipe. Each participant will go home with a jar of elderberry syrup for their family and most importantly, each of you will learn how easy it is to make elderberry syrup so you can keep this valuable information in your toolkit with you forever!
This class will be 2 hours in length.
*Limited to 10 participants per session.
*Email for next available date*
- We will begin with some clarifying details about the elderberry plant and learn to identify it
- We will discuss berry harvest and preservation methods and show you each option
- We will discuss other (hidden/unknown) beneficial aspects of the plant
- We will then go through the process of cooking the berries
- Bonus! We will take a short break to enjoy an edibles tour and discussion in the back yard while the berries cook
- We will reconvene in the house and complete the elderberry syrup
- Everyone will take a bottle home with them along with serving suggestions
- Bonus! Everybody who signs up gets a FREE apron!
Included in each class:
- Elderberry syrup
- Bottle for the syrup
- Wild Utah Edibles Apron
- Pressed Elderberry leaves/flowers
- Instructions and suggestions for use and detailed info printout
- Knowledge! (perhaps the most valuable of all)